Sunday, June 4, 2017

Review: Girl in Snow by Danya Kukafka

Hello readers,

today I am bringing you the review of Girl in Snow by Danya Kukafka.
I requested this book a couple of weeks ago via Netgalley. Thanks to Simon and Schuster for providing me with a galley and giving me the opportunity to review this book.

Now lets get into it.
From what I have gethered before I requested this book I knew it took place in Colorado, where a beloved high schooler named Lucinda Hayes was found murdered.
No one in this sleepy suburb is untouched. Not the stalkery boy who loved her too much. Not the girl who wanted her perfect life and not the officer assigned to investigate her murder. These three characters: Cameron, Jade and Russ confront their darkest secrets to find the truth.

Well to me that sounded like an intresting crime novel.
And yet so wrong I was. The crime itself is so far in the background as it can get. Eventually you keep reading on through the depressing thoughts of three very psychotic characters, just because you want to know who really murdered Lucinda Hayes.

It started weird, yet promising. Eventually the characters thoughts just kept getting weirder and weirder. As the case itself is not really worked in this book you are just left with those weird thoughts, that made me feel that it overall started to move slow.
In the end all the throwbacks and thoughts get eventually tied together which saved the whole reading experience in the end.

Overall this wasn't really my thing. The idea itself is surely well developed, I just felt so annoyed by the characters themselves.
So 3 out of 5 stars are the most I can give for this book.

Let me know what you thought about it in the comments below.

I will see you again next Sunday for another bookish post.

Take care,
đź“šNadja

No comments:

Post a Comment