Sunday, June 18, 2017

Review: Morrighan by Mary E. Pearson


Hello readers,

today I am back with another  quick review.
Morrighan by Mary E. Pearson is the novella to the Remnant Chronicles trilogy which I have read during the past month, so make sure you check out those reviews too.

Now with this novella I would say it doesn't matter wether you read it before or after you read the trilogy, you don't spoil yourself but you also do not necessarily need it to understand the trilogy itself. But what it does is to add to the history of the kingdoms that are in the trilogy, so it is definitely nice to have. I read it afterwards.

So Morrighan is one of the major Kingdoms in the trilogy, it is Lia's home and known as the chosen Remnant.
This novella tells you how this Kingdom was "born". It tells the story of Morrighan a young girl living in a clan with her grandmother Ama. Morrighan has the gift of knowing. The clans are usually able to grow food and have animals and therefor they get raided by Scavengers. One day Morrighan meets Jafir, a scavenger boy she has met a long time ago and they developed a friendship, that turns into love, but that is under no good star, because Harik another scavenger wants Morrighan back.
Now what will happen? And how will the kingdom of Morrighan be born?

This novella is short, easy and quick to read and yet as beautifully written as the main trilogy. I feel it is the perfect add on.
Because of it shortness I didn't feel as drawn into it as with the trilogy which is why I can't rate it as high, but it is nonetheless 4 out of 5 stars.
The character developement which I loved so much in the trilogy and the world building was missing a bit for me which explains why I wasn't as drawn into it. It is an enjoyable quick evening read anyway so 4 out of 5 stars.

Let me know your thoughts in the comments below and I will see you again next Sunday for another bookish post.

Take care,
📚 Nadja

No comments:

Post a Comment